The same door may look different if you use various materials for its finishing and decoration. Choosing the quality product, pay attention not only to reliability, thermal and sound insulation. The entry door should be beautiful and visually pleasing, as it is the very first thing the person sees when entering your home. What are the pros and cons of each type of material and coating?
Solid wood is one of the best variants of natural materials used in the doors.
Medium density fiberboard (MDF) is a high-grade coating with an amazing imitation of the wood texture. However, it cannot be named as the final covering - the surface features different covering materials. PVC as well as laminate is an ornamental film with a durable structure that has a wood pattern. Veneer is a thin decorative covering of fine wood.
- great strength;
- the wide assortment of artificial shades and natural coatings;
- MDF with PVC is resistant to the temperature drop.
- If damaged, you have to replace the defective area.
Veneer is applied to a coarser wood or other material for a more good-looking and elegant decorative design. Unique in its texture, it provides the door with naturalness as it uses real wood but has an affordable price.
- an impressive design;
- top-quality performance characteristics;
- moderate price (if compared with the solid wood).
- low resistance to mechanical load and humidity.
Today, models with glass or mirror inserts are a popular and spectacular decoration of the facade of any building.
- beautiful and stylish appearance;
- additional natural light from the street;
- visual extension of space.
- the mirror can be accidentally broken;
- the need to maintain the cleanness of the surface.
Metal forging allows adding refinement to the door leaf and emphasizing the taste and status of the house owners.
- high aesthetic qualities;
- stylish and luxurious look.
- high price;
- envy of neighbors.
Developed by "Steel Line" company, innovative SteelTex is a special technology that allows the usage of door panels on the street.
- a noble and refined appearance;
- various color solutions;
- increased resistance to UV rays and infrared rays;
- protection against mechanical damage;
- resistance to humidity and temperature changes;
- an antistatic effect.
- haven't found yet.
Covering the door with special powder paint is one of the most budget options.
- protection from the damage effects of moisture and temperature;
- a variety of colors and textures.
- lack of a refined look.
The choice of coating for entrance doors depends largely on the aesthetic preferences of each person. However, do not forget that no matter what option you choose, the door must be not only beautiful but also reliable.